Workers' Comp. Lien Defense/Hearing Rep.
Full Time / Regular
The Lien Defense Representative is responsible for representing employers during negotiations, settlements and litigation of medical provider, EDD and interpreting liens. Appearances at various appeals board district offices are required.
This position works under the direction of the Director of Lien Defense. The Lien Defense Rep. is responsible for their productivity, meeting goals set by management, adherence to diary, attending hearings at the Boards, and timeliness of status reports and professional communication to clients.
The Lien Defense Rep. will stay current on legislative changes and regulations required to perform their duties. The Lien Defense Rep. interacts with clients, opponents and board personnel in a professional and helpful manner to optimally service and retain clients. We pride ourselves in excelling in lien defenses and litigation for over 24 years.
• Handles a caseload of approximately 30 to 50 files
• Reviews cases for legal and medical disputes/issues
• Makes recommendations to clients based on their detailed analysis
• Communicates with clients, medical providers, EDD, attorneys
• Negotiates liens/bills
• Litigates cases, including Lien Trials, on behalf of clients at the boards
• Follows client specific special account instructions
• Utilizes all features of the Lien Defense software program
• Prepare and present exhibits and legal arguments at hearings
• Have strong knowledge of lien defense strategies and negotiations
• Research, review and interpret case law, statutes and regulations regarding California workers’ compensation
• Understanding and application of the Official Medical Fee Schedule
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, as well as organizational and time management skills
• Ability to travel to court for appearances
• 5+ years workers’ compensation experience
(preferably with board appearances)
• Self-insurance or IEA certificate a plus
• Commensurate with experience
• Incentive plan
• Industry comparable benefit package
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sorry, no third party agencies or recruiters please. Thank you!